February 15, 2006

Apakah kepentingan mempunyai kawan/partner yg berkongsi nilai yg sama?

What is the importance of having friends and partner who shares same value?
We are only human with different agenda and different objective/s in life. It is a fact of life and we comply. I don’t know what is the actually the initiator of this idea that I am writing but it has something to do with my work. Need no further explanation.

Sometimes we find that ourselves are truly attracted to someone, most of the time the attraction is definitely physical attraction. After a session of "woo"ing each other, let say we manage to get that person what not. First trimester (sounds a bit like midwifery thingy isn’t it?) would be great. We just can’t have enough of each other and we are extremely confident and at the peak of optimism that we can go through whatever challenge that will come up. What will happen after, let say one year? I know the spark will still be there but what if you know that you are a different type of person and your partner is completely a different one.

Check this out .......
You are a very “tak kisah” type of person and you never care about what other people are thinking about you, as long as you know that you are doing the right thing. While your partner is someone who wants to appear very “good, mcm bagus” in front of other people but deep in the heart, with evil (OK evil is a bit too much) or bad intention. Once or 10 times, it wont be an issue definitely; but what if it happens everyday? Worse, almost every hour of your life? Can you be satisfied just with great “sex” or great “look”? This is not about opinion or appearance or even preference, this is about value. Its about “niat”. The deepest part of us.

I’ve encountered one or two myself. They are not bad people but they always have something in their heart which is “not clean” for me. Dirty? Not dirty, just not clean. It could be something positive somehow but that person just didn’t have that. It is good to take something as challenge in our life. It is very positive, very constructive, provided that you take it positively. Without challenge, we wont improve. But what with this “I have to show that I can be better than that person that person, I’ll own more money and everything (apa haram entah) and don’t think that he/she will be better forever… and bla bla bla”. For me this is very negative, when they can take it very positively, like “I will be like her/him with money, power and everything, I can be as good as others, I can have better life” Even in Islamic teaching, we have to always want to improve and keep improving but with a very clean “niat”. You don’t have to show that to that particular one person. Just do whatever you want and by all mean, challenge yourself. Most probably you can be much better compare to that one person. This is what I define as value and “niat”. (with this I remind myself as well)

It doesn’t matter if we are different. Mana ada org yg identical kat dunia ni. It doesn’t matter if we have different hobby, different personality and different preference, as long as we share the same value in life. Cheers !!!

-ChefD with her two cents-